Blog, activities, entertainment, food and drink, community, businesses
Not just the BEST Running Event in the area, the CLANFIELD CHALLENGE is a PERFECT WAY TO SPEND your Sunday with the family.
This year the we are looking for everyone who attends to have fun! Whether you are participating, supporting or just looking to have a great time with family & friends we have so much happening.
This year you will be able to indulge yourself with:
- Great food & drink including a BBQ, Ice cream, local ales, prosecco, coffees/teas and other soft/alcoholic drinks;
- Face-painting for the little ones or big kids;
- Musical and dance entertainment
- Bouncy castle fun;
There will also be stalls run by many of our local community groups, businesses and schools, many of which will be hosting a fun activities for you & the children to enjoy.
Check out the timings of the event to help plan your day.
- 8:00am - Registration opens
- 9:00am - Music to get you moving!
- 9.15am - Warm-up for children's 1 & 2K with Horndean Technology College
- 9.30am - 1K CHILDREN's START South Lane Meadow
- 9:50am - 2K CHILDREN's START South Lane Meadow
- 10:30am - Registration closes
(we suggest that 20k runners register some time before registration close in order to have time to get to the start line in time)
- 10.40am - 20K START North Lane
- 10.45am - Southern Arts Dance Acadamy Demonstration.
- 11.00am - 12K START North Lane
- 11.15am - Childrens Acitivity Fitness Fun with Kingscourt
- 11.20am - 5K START North Lane
- 12.00pm - Childrens Acitivity Learn Lacrosse with Kingscourt
- 12.45pm - Prize Presentation
- 1:00pm - Enjoy celebrating and chilling out to music (requests welcome) - hopefully in the sunshine!
- 3:00pm - Event Finishes