In the past five years she has switched her attention to becoming a world-class marathon runner. On her marathon debut in April 2011 she ran 2 hours and 30 minutes, the third fastest debut performance ever by a British female runner. Since then she has placed 16th and 9th at big-city international marathons in London and Osaka respectively.
Louise’s goal for the next Olympic cycle is to win selection to Britain’s marathon team for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Representing her local club Winchester at many national events Louise is well-known in her home county of Hampshire and regularly supports local athletes and races.
Some of Louise's Career highlights include
- Twice English National Cross-Country Champion (2011, 2013)
- 2013 Inter-Counties Cross-Country Champion
- 7th Commonwealth Games Marathon 2014
- Has represented GB on all surfaces (road, track, indoors and cross country)
- Three top-20 placings at European Cross-Country Championships (2008, 2010, 2012)
- Bronze medallist at European Under 23 10000m (2003)
- 1st - Chichester 10k (2016)
Louise's Personal Bests (something to aspire to no doubt)
- 5k road - 15:48
- 10k road - 32:47
- Marathon - 2.30:00
If you'd like to learn more about Louise or follow her progress as the Olympics approach, you can follow her on Twitter: http://twitter.com/louise_damen